Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Name Game

Taffy Town ~ Assorted Salt Water Taffy ~ 1lb
I have to admit, I'm not the best with names. (No surprises there). When I was suddenly confronted with a bunch of Cubs, (dressed alike), I felt pretty awkward trying to figure out their names.

As a result, we came up with a game that worked well. After our original run-through of names, I started filling my pocket with Taffy (or Tootsie rolls), for each den meeting. If I got their name wrong, (either didn't remember or used the wrong name), I had to give them a piece of candy.

Instead of the boys being frustrated when I forgot their names, they were delighted! And the constant, "what's my name" helped me get their names down faster than I would have otherwise.

Cost: 3 bags of taffy over a 2 month period.
Result: I know their names. Totally worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment